What happens when you blow dust off an object? It blows back to you, and will usually cause you to cough, sneeze, or even have an allergic reaction.
This is exactly how harmful particles circulate in your home. When your HVAC air blows air through ducts that have dust, these particles will be all around the property, causing your respiratory system to react. And if you have allergies, that spells bad news.
That’s why it’s important to clean dust, allergens, and other contaminants from ducts, as this can help improve air quality, which will reduce allergy symptoms.
Contaminants in Your Ducts
Keep in mind: your indoor air circulates through your HVAC system and ductwork. It can release the following:
- Dust mites: These particles can quickly settle on the surface.
- Pollen: It can be in your clothes and shoes. Pollen can enter your house through open doors and windows.
- Pet dander: Many people have allergic reactions to pets, and your ductwork might be spreading dander throughout your area.
- Smog: This can creep into your home, which is why indoor air may be more polluted than outdoors.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC): These are harmful gases that are produced by common household items. Your HVAC system can circulate these VOCs through your ducts.
- Mold and mildew: The moisture in your ducts can lead to mold and mildew. Therefore, when you notice your ducts are moldy, it means duct cleaning is necessary.
- Bacteria: Bacteria can get into your system and can circulate throughout your indoor space through air ducts. In turn, it can make people sick.
- Viruses: There is growing evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can remain airborne for hours or longer under some conditions. There are some particles that may stay in the air long enough to enter your system.
How to Reduce Allergies From Your Ductwork
Ductwork cleaning is the most effective way to reduce allergies you or your loved ones experience. Remove contaminants from the ducts to improve your indoor air quality and eliminate mold, mildew, rodent droppings, and other things from your ducts.
With ductwork cleaning, it can remove all of these things and increase your HVAC system’s efficiency. Clean air ducts will reduce energy costs and even extend the life of your HVAC!
That is why it’s crucial you have regular HVAC maintenance and ductwork cleaning to ensure your system is working as expected. Fortunately, there are many companies that offer ductwork cleaning and maintenance. All you need to do is find the best one that will suit your needs. That way, you will be able to guarantee that your HVAC system will be taken care of properly. At the same time, this will ensure that you will have good indoor air quality.
If you find yourself or your loved ones often having a sneezing fit at home, then it’s time you have someone look into your HVAC’s ductwork. Your ductwork may have contaminants and dust that circulate in the air when you turn on your system. With that, make sure that you have your system cleaned regularly to ensure good indoor air quality at all times.
Free yourself from allergy-inducing particles in your HVAC system. Air 1 LLC offers air conditioning service in Morris County, NJ. We can maintain your HVAC system and ensure your ductwork is always clean. Contact us!