Indoor Air Quality Guide in New Jersey
Located in Whippany, New Jersey and serving Morris, Essex, Union, and Bergen Counties since 2000, Air 1 Heating & Cooling provides personalized, high-quality air quality services.
The quality of the air you breathe indoors is a determining factor in your comfort and health. Air 1 Heating & Cooling has put together this informative indoor air quality guide to educate homeowners about indoor air quality improvement.
What is indoor air quality?
Indoor air quality refers to the quality of the air you breathe indoors. The quality is affected by the concentration of contaminants from pollution sources. Many common problems can lessen the quality of the air inside your home, including the following:
- Poor ventilation: Without proper ventilation to bring fresh air into the home, contaminants become highly concentrated because there’s not enough fresh air to dilute the concentration.
- High temperatures and humidity: Excessive temperature and humidity levels also play a role in increasing the concentration of some harmful contaminants.
- Indoor pollutant sources: Many things inside your home contribute their own contaminants which affect your air quality, such as pets, cigarette smoke, cleaning products, personal care products, and more.
What problems arise from poor indoor air quality?
Poor indoor air quality can lead to health problems in some people. The effects of poor air quality may be experienced soon after exposure or may be felt after longer periods. Symptoms you may experience soon after exposure to contaminants indoors include the following:
- Itchy eyes, nose, and throat
- Increased asthma and allergy symptoms
Long-term exposure to some contaminants can have more serious effects, including respiratory disease, heart disease, and cancer. Improving the quality of the air you breathe indoors can eliminate short-term exposure symptoms and lower your risk of these more serious conditions.
What can I do to improve my home’s indoor air quality?
Indoor air quality can be improved in many ways. By changing your household habits and getting help from air quality-improving devices, you can lower contaminant levels in your home and protect your health. Habits for good indoor air quality include the following:
- Switch to chemical-free cleaning solutions, personal care products, and air fresheners
- Clean surfaces and floors frequently
- Bathe your pets regularly and wash pet bedding
- Open windows to improve ventilation when the weather is nice
- Use exhaust fans when cooking and showering
- Wash window treatments, fabric shower curtains, and bedding regularly
- Don’t smoke indoors and use nontoxic, clean-burning candles
Sometimes changing your habits isn’t enough to improve indoor air quality to the level you desire. Indoor air quality HVAC solutions can help improve indoor conditions year-round. Air 1 Heating & Cooling provides installation and service for these quality products:
- Air duct replacement: Replacing your home’s aging ductwork can keep more contaminants out of your duct system and your living areas.
- Ultraviolet lights: Installing ultraviolet lights in your duct system will kill and control mold, mildew, bacteria, germs, and more.
- Air cleaners and filtration: Air cleaners work to remove more contaminants from your spaces, and high-quality air filters can eliminate smaller particles that can’t be captured by cheap replacement filters.
- Dehumidifiers: By balancing the humidity levels indoors, dehumidifiers can improve indoor air quality by lessening the concentration of some contaminants and eliminating the moist conditions that facilitate contaminant growth.
Improve your air quality today
Get started on improving your home’s indoor air quality today by calling Air 1 Heating & Cooling. We will perform an assessment of your home’s indoor air quality and inform you of the solutions which are ideal to help solve your air quality issues.
How much do indoor air quality services cost in Whippany, NJ?
Indoor air quality services for your Whippany, NJ, home or business varies in cost based on the products you need to improve the air quality of your spaces. The best way to find out the cost of indoor air quality services is to get an estimate. Air 1 Heating & Cooling provide estimates for indoor air quality services; call us at 973-447-4165 to schedule yours today. We offer Wells Fargo financing options with approved credit as well as various product and service specials throughout the year.
Additional Indoor Air Quality Services:
Air 1 Heating & Cooling is a family owned and operated local business. We are located in Whippany, New Jersey and serve residents and businesses in Morris, Essex, Union, and Bergen Counties. We are YOUR full-service NJ heating and cooling company, and our goal is to provide homeowners and businesses with the finest heating and cooling systems available at an affordable cost. Call Air 1 Heating & Cooling at 973-447-4165.